Registrar's Office » Enrollment Information

Enrollment Information

Enrollment Information


Hours from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm

Monday through Thursday

Friday by appointment ONLY



Here’s how to enroll your child at Canyon High School


  1. Determine the assigned Hart District school
  • Boundary maps and street directories are listed under Attendance Boundaries at under “STUDENTS”  tab, or call the Registrar’s Office at 661-252-6110 ext 119.


      2.  Enrolling at Canyon High School
  • A parent/guardian/caregiver MUST be present to enroll a minor child.
  • Proof of Residency is required. The following section lists residency requirements




In the State of California, when enrolling a child in public school, the parent/legal guardian/ caregiver must provide current (within 30 days) proof of residency they live within the attendance boundaries of the desired school. 


Government Code 244 defines a residence as: “the place where one remains when not working…and to which one returns for sleep”.  It also states, “There can only be one primary place of residence declared for the student.”


Evidence of residency for a pupil living with his or her parent/legal guardian/caregiver shall be established by current documentation showing the name and address of the responsible adult living within the school boundaries.  Effective January 1, 2012, recent legislation (AB 207) has added the following to the California Education Code, Section 48204.1, which states that any two of the following documents will be accepted:


  • Property tax payment receipts
  • Proof of escrow closing within 45 days of requested date of enrollment
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
  • Utility service contract, statement or payment receipts (can be no older than 30 days per CA Ed Code)
  • Pay stubs
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency
  • A stack of recent business mail forwarded to the current address


Once the residency requirement has been met, student’s enrollment may proceed. 

    3.  The William S. Hart High School District requires the following information to enroll a student:

  • Withdrawal Grades – for mid-term enrollees
  • Unofficial Transcript or copies of ALL report cards
  • Most recent IEP if  Student is in Special Ed
  • Documentation of Birth: Birth Certificate (original only, no copies), Current Passport, Green Card 
  • Up-to-date Immunization Records – NO EXCEPTIONS!  This includes Tdap booster (Whooping Cough/Pertussis) and second Varicella; Tuberculosis Test is required if student is coming from out of state or out of the country
  • Guardianship Forms – If student is living with legal guardian, court documentation MUST be presented. Caregiver Affidavit must be completed in our office if student is living with a friend or family member - affidavit may require notarization.  Guardian MUST be present when enrolling, and must present photo I.D. along with proof of residence.