Canyon High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Enrollment » Enrollment


Enrollment Information


Here’s how to enroll your child at Canyon High School

1. Determine the assigned Hart District school

uBoundary maps and street directories are listed under Attendance Boundaries at under “ENROLLMENT” or call the Registrar’s Office at 661-252-6110 ext 119.

2. Enrolling at Canyon High School

u Student Enrollment hours are from 7:30 am to 12:00pm ONLY

u A parent/guardian/caregiver must be present to enroll a minor child.

uProof of Residency is required. The following documents meet the requirements to establish residency—at least one document from each section below or two documents from “B”

·  Proof of Residency –(Section A)

California Driver’s License/ID Card and vehicle registration showing the new address, or a phone bill, or personal checks or bank statement with the new address imprinted, or Letter from the property owner or manager of the residence, or a lease/rental agreement stating that you are in residence with your child, or a letter (Affidavit of Residency) from an adult with whom you reside (who can also prove

residency by these requirements) or Copy of W-2 form from your employer with the new address, or insurance documents with the new address, or cancelled checks written for house payments/lease/rent, or piece of mail forwarded from your old address to your new address.

** AND **

·   Proof of Residency –(Section B)

Two utility bills, or business/official mail (i.e., Welfare, Social Security, FEMA, IRS, California State Franchise Tax Board, credit card or medical bills, divorce papers, custody papers, subpoenas, restraining orders, traffic tickets), or house insurance, property tax bill, or escrow papers (within 30 days of closing), or Legal document from a law enforcement agency or court.


Additional information that needs to be brought in:

uOriginal Birth Certificate or Passport/Visa

uWithdrawal Grades from Previous School – (for mid-term enrollees)

uUnofficial Transcript

uMost recent Individual Education Program (IEP) if student is in Special Education

uUp-to-date Proof of Immunization – NO EXCEPTIONS! Upon enrollment, students must present a copy of up-to-date immunizations against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and hepatitis B.  Students coming from out of the state or country are required to have a California TB Mantoux skin test and the varicella (chicken pox) immunization or verified proof that they have had chicken pox.


3. After all paperwork has been processed, the school will set up an appointment with a counselor to schedule classes.