Canyon High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Counseling » Enrollment


Enrollment Information
Hours from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm
Monday through Thursday
Friday by appointment ONLY
Here’s how to enroll your child at Canyon High School
1. Determine the assigned Hart District school
  • Boundary maps and street directories are listed under Attendance Boundaries at under “STUDENTS” or call the Registrar’s Office at 661-252-6110 ext 119.
2. Enrolling at Canyon High School
  • A parent/guardian/caregiver must be present to enroll a minor child.
  • Proof of Residency is required. The following section listed the residency requirements
In the State of California, when enrolling a child in public school, the parent/legal guardian/ caregiver must provide current proof of residency within the school district boundaries. 
Government Code 244 defines a residence as:  “the place where one remains when not working….and to which one returns for sleep”.   It also states, “There can only be one primary place of residence declared for the student.”
Evidence of residency for a pupil living with his or her parent/legal guardian/ caregiver shall be established by current documentation showing the name and address of the responsible adult within the school district.  Effective January 1, 2012, recent legislation (AB 207) has added the following to the California Education Code, Section 48204.1, which states that any oneof the following documents will be accepted:
  1. Property tax payment receipts.
  2. Proof of escrow closing within 45 days of requested date of enrollment.
  3. Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts.
  4. Utility service contract, statement or payment receipts.
  5. Pay stubs.
  6. Voter registration.
  7. Correspondence from a government agency.
  8. A stack of recent business mail forwarded to the current address.
  9. Written Declaration of Residency executed by the responsible adult enrolling the child per regulations of Assembly Bill 207.  Home visits will be conducted to verify residency.  Per California Penal Code Section 126, misrepresentation on the Declaration of Residency is considered perjury and is punishable by imprisonment or fine pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170. 
Once the residency requirement has been met, your child’s enrollment may proceed.

The William S. Hart High School District requires the following information to enroll a student into our high school:


  1. Withdrawal Grades – for mid-term enrollees
  2. Unofficial Transcript or copies of ALL report cards
  3. Most recent IEP if Special Ed Student
  4. Documentation of Birth: Birth Certificate, Visa, Passport, etc…
  5. Up-to-date Immunization Records – NO EXCEPTIONS
  6. Tdap booster Whooping Cough (Pertussis) – NO EXCEPTIONS
  1. Mantoux Tuberculosis Test and Chickenpox – only required if student has never attended a California school.
  2. Guardianship Forms – If student is not living with parent or legal guardian,Caregiver Affidavit must be completed in our office.  Guardian must be Present – Picture I.D. along with proof of residence.  Legal guardians must show court documentation.



Please be aware that unannounced home visits can be conducted to verify residency.  If it is determined that the information provided upon enrollment is not valid, continued enrollment may be affected.